A piece of land or property if left unattended for a longer period of time stands a chance of contamination with asbestos and other minerals.
Find out if your land is contaminated with such a mineral or chemical and get it cleared before implementation of your next project.
- All minerals and chemicals found in a piece of land beyond an acceptable level pose a serious risk to health, environment and its development for implementation any project.
- A licensed asbestos assessor can help you identify the type of hazardous material your land is contaminated with and at what level the contamination stands.
- Asbestos is a banned material in Australia since 2003. It is not allowed to use and import for any purpose. It is very damaging to land, posing a serious challenge to its development.
- A level of asbestos found beyond an acceptable has potential health danger. It is a cause of serious diseases such as cancer. It is must that you get your land examined by a licensed asbestos assessor before making it available for any use.
- Asbestos mineral is also a serious threat to environment and environment protection authorities has made its assessment and treatment mandatory before execution of a project on a piece of land.
- A licensed asbestos assessor is a professional who specializes in land assessment for asbestos and other minerals, to identify types and level of contamination and recommend treatments such as complete removal or treatment to an acceptable level.
- You can find about an asbestos assessment professional from your local directory or online. A number of companies have licensed asbestos assessors on board who can effectively render quality assessment services.
- An assessment of your land for asbestos contamination is not just important from health point of view, but from financial perspective too. If your land is contaminated and you do not get it treated, it erodes its value quickly.
- In above case you potentially face financial loss on one hand, and on the other, you might come into difficulties with environment regulatory authorities.
- Your land does not have to be in an industrial use to stand risk of contamination, it can naturally be affected by different minerals and chemicals.
- A piece of land can also be contaminated if it is near sea. It also needs a treatment if it is reclaimed from sea. It would not be naturally fit for any use.
- In case of contamination of your land for any reason, only a licensed asbestos assessor can test quality of soil and level of contamination. It is generally done through soil sample testing in labs.
- It does not require removal of contaminated soil. It can be treated with a help of chemicals. A number of effective modern treatment solutions are available in the market. Your land once treated bears a quality that is fit for any project.
- If you have not got your land tested yet for contamination, seek services of a licensed asbestos assessor and get it done.